Saturday, February 9, 2013

Internship at Burton Marinkovich Fine Art

Yesterday, I received a call from my college counselor announcing that I will be able to experience an internship at an art gallery in Washington DC! I leave on February 25th and will be working at Burton Marinkovich Fine Art in Dupont Circle for about 15 hours a week, which does not include time spent on my senior project. As I continue my research, I will be lodging in Georgetown with a very generous family whose child attends BASIS Washington DC.

When I applied for the internship, my future tasks were described accordingly:
"Student volunteers assist with clerical and administrative tasks that support the department's education programs. Typical activities include preparing materials for art projects, data entry, photocopying, collating, filing, and assisting during teacher programs."
Dupont Circle

I will also have access to the Library of Congress (the largest library in the world) and the National Gallery of Art, which will both be extremely useful to my research. I truly cannot describe in words how grateful I am for this amazing opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting! Look forward to reading how your journey develops! :)

    ReplyDelete